Clear Messages in a Cluttered World...
PR Case Study: Sustainability
For years, Perkins+Will has worked to build structures that successfully meet the needs and requests of clients, while simultaneously maintaining the company's trademark of sustainability, integrity and design. One of Perkins+Will's corporate communication goals was to increase its awareness for the firm's leadership in sustainability. Schroder Public Relations was asked to develop and implement strategies to meet this goal.
Position Perkins+Will as the leading sustainable design and architecture firm.
- Develop a web-presence highlighting Perkins+Will's history in green design and leadership in the current green building movement
- Obtain media coverage of Perkins+Will's corporate sustainable thought leadership and practices
- Obtain media coverage highlighting sustainable components of various Perkins+Will projects
- Designed a sustainable page for Perkin+Will's web site highlighting its historical leadership and corporate philosophy in sustainable practices
- Utilized sustainable messaging in media pitches
- Secured media coverage in daily newspapers, trade publications and online media
- Secured op-eds and by-lined articles on behalf of key organization thought-leaders
- Hosted a media breakfast in conjunction with the GreenBuild Conference in Chicago to unveil Perkins+Will's Sustainable Design Initiative plan and provide an intimate opportunity for reporters to ask the experts about the future of green design and business operations
Our efforts resulted in extensive media coverage containing Perkins+Will's sustainable messaging. A selection of this coverage and visibility includes:
News article links:
- Environmental Design+Construction, February 2008
- By-lined article in Atlanta's Business to Business Magazine scheduled for December 2007 issue
- "Perkins+Will Launches initiative to Reach Carbon Neutrality by 2030," Contract Magazine, November 17, 2007
- "Perkins+Will Launches initiative to Reach Carbon Neutrality by 2030," Multi-Housing News, November 17, 2007
- "Making Gold: CDC Lab Attains LEED Status," Sun eNews, October 19, 2007
- "Op-Ed:Workers can save water, too," Atlanta Journal-Constitution, October 15, 2007
- "Architecture Notebook: A towering transformation," Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 8, 2007
- "High-profile construction," Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 8, 2007
- "Back to School: Perkins+Will Takes on Designing Georgia's First LEED-Silver High School,"
www.sun-enews.com, March 23, 2007
- "Metro to Get First 'Green' High School," 11alive.com, March 23, 2007
- "Georgia to have its First LEED Silver High School," www.interiordesign.net, March 21, 2007
- "DeKalb school designed to be earth-friendly," ajc.com, March 17, 2007
- "Public School Teaches and Inspires," Environmental Design+Construction, January 1, 2007
- "A Big Thanks," Business to Business Magazine, December 2006
- "The Sum of Smaller Parts," Architectural Record and Edutopia , 2006
- "Darden Selects Atlanta Architect," Orlando Sentinel, November 3, 2006
- "Graduates Flock to 'Green' Architecture Firm," Atlanta Business Chronicle, October 6, 2006
- "Perkins+Will Applies Green Standard to Commute," Atlanta Business Chronicle, October 6, 2006
- "Architectural Firm Intent On Being a Good Energy Steward," Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 29, 2006
- "Environmental Issues: Recycling is a Material Advantage," Financial Times, March 7, 2006
- "More Committing to Green Energy," Hartford Business Journal, February 27, 2006
- "Developers Use Power of Wind to Raise Project," Atlanta Business Chronicle, February 10, 2006
- "Spending to Save: Going Green in 750 Square Feet," Atlanta Journal-Constitution, November 12, 2005
Click here to watch the 3 minute Quicktime
video of the Blythewood High School design.
Click here to watch the Quicktime video of the
201 Seventeenth Street development.
Additional news and video clips:
- EarthWatch - 201 Seventeenth Street, Ch 11, WXIA, September 13, 2007, 7:16 pm
- DeKalb School Earns Environmental Seal of Approval, Fox 5 Atlanta, August 12, 2007
- Arabia Mountain High School, Ch 11, WXIA, June 25, 2007, 7:20 pm
- Arabia Mountain High School, Ch 5, WAGA, April 20, 2007, 7:50 am
- Arabia Mountain High School, Ch 11, WXIA, March 22, 2007, 5:54 pm
- Arabia Mountain High School, Ch 46, WGCL, March 14, 2007, 4:02 pm